Viral Fever – Reasons, Symptoms & Treatment
Fever is a prevalent disease that can occur at any time of the year. It happens due to constant change of weather or any stomach infection or viral illness or bacterial, fungal or parasitic attack or other major diseases like cancer, tuberculosis, AIDS, etc. Fever mainly occurs during the rainy season as during that time of the year the virus and bacterial remains at a very highly active state and can attack the body any time. During this time, all the people should stay conscious, and if they suffer from fever, they should immediately go to their physicians.
What Is A Viral Fever?
Viral fever is a fever where the body is affected by underlying viruses. The viral attack can cause from common cold to flu and other infections in the body. As the virus enters the body, it first attacks a cell wall and then reside their and reproduce, thus at the right time; it bursts and hampers the immune system of the body.
What Are The Reasons For Viral Fever?
There are many reasons for viral fever. They are as follows:
- Contaminated food: The consumption of contaminated food can lead to viral fever. It is observed that the virus resides on the expired or contaminated food, and when consumed, they attack the body.
- Inhale of air: The air in the cites and other places in the world are mainly polluted and full of virus and bacteria. Thus it is the main reason to be affected with virus and bacteria.
- Insect bites: Insect bites are also a reason for the spread of virus and bacteria. If an insect bites, you can have an infection in the affected area. One of the primary examples of insect bite is dengue.
- Water: contaminated water that can be drinking water or bathing water is also a cause of viral fever.
Symptoms Of Viral Fever
Some of the symptoms of viral fever are as follows:
- Sweating and sudden chills
- Loss of appetites
Treatments Of Viral Fever
There are many treatments for viral fever. They are as follows:
- Visit the doctor: If you have a fever, you should immediately visit the doctor and do as directed. You should go through tests as given and have antiseptic as that is the only medicines during viral fever.
- Consume fluids: Consume a lot of fluid and keep yourself hydrated. Due to diarrhea and vomiting, your body will lose water and become dehydrated, consume water as much as possible.
- Consume healthy food: Even though you will have a loss of appetite, you should intake healthy and nutritious food which will help you to restore energy and improve your immune system to become active.
- Maintain hygiene: You should maintain your health and wear clean clothes. During the fever, you should only wash your hair and have a sponge bath which will help to lower your body temperature.
These are some the treatments that will help you overcome your fever. But after you become healthy you should still go for a check-up and take the advice of your doctor if he tells you of taking virus shots, you should take it to avoid fever again.